Saturday, May 9, 2009

Soul food of the day

Should one listen to ones heart or brain? Or a mixture of both?

The world is a mixture of matter and spirit so: listen to your brain whenever you need to make material and practical decisions.
But listen to your heart whenever the problem at hand concerns your dreams and hopes.

As Saint Paul wrote in his letter to the Corinthians: “If I have all the eloquence of men or of angels, but speak without love, I am simply a gong booming or a cymbal clashing.

If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything, and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all.

If I give away all that I possess, piece by piece, and if I even let them take my body to burn it, but am without love, it will do me no good whatever.”

Paulo Coelho

p/s: met up with an old friend today, he told me something that really coincide with what i have just posted today... The signs are all out there.. I just need to listen.



No comments: