Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Foot & hand wrap ;p


Did some D.I.Y hand & foot wrap today... the picture above is the product of my DIY.. keke..
bought a book recently by a S'porean author Coreenna Ong titled 'Nature's spa'. The idea of using natural ingredient appeals to me, and the ingredients used in the book are quite straight-forward and easy to get and the concoction easy to blend, therefore decided to give it a try and see whether it really works or not..

Ingredients used today:

  • 1 fully ripen Avocado ( haha.. my 1st time buying avocado, didn't know how to choose. anyway, ripe avocado is dark green & feels soft)
  • 2 tbs of lemon juice
  • 1 tbs of olive oil

Step 1 : mash the avocado to smooth puree

Step 2 : add lemon juice & olive oil. Mix well

Apply a thin layer to either yr foot or hand, use cling-wrap to wrap it after application, then wait for 1hr before removing it. wash off with tepid water. Dap dry.

This concoction is supposed to remove roughness & dead skin cells from hands & feet, while supplying skin with nutrients & moisture.

Verdict: tried it on both of my feet 1st, quite useful, the dry skin really did flake off, feet looks whiter & smoother than before =)

tried it on the hands next, abit of a torture cos with both of my hands wrapped up, can't flick my hair, can't scratch my itchy ears... hee.. tahan only 35 mins & i remove it, hands still feels dry, think it works better for my feet, then again, my hands are really dry from all the hand-washing at work, so i guess will need many many more 'therapy' for it to get smoother... haha..

No comments: